How do I achieve my dream of becoming a Chartered Accountant?
- November 24, 2023
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Careers
You may have heard that Chartered Accountants make a lot of money & the starting salary as soon as you complete your CA Exams is higher than most professions.
Whilst that may be true, not everyone can become a good Chartered Accountant & the number of students who clear the exam is very few. According to a news report, in May 2019, the CA Final Pass percentage for both groups I and II was only 7.63% for the old course and 20.85% for the new course. However, the number of students who qualified in both were nearly double.
There are a lot of students who take multiple attempts to clear the exams. The journey to becoming a Chartered Accountant is not an easy one.
Are you ready for the challenge?
ELIGIBILITY & ACADEMICS
– Eligibility for becoming a chartered accountant is 10+2 in any stream. So you can take any combination of subjects in Class 11
– Chartered Accountancy education and training has three stages —
1. Common Proficiency Test (CPT)
2. Intermediate Professional Competence Course (IPC)
3. Final C.A. course
– For CPT, students can enroll with the institute (ICAI) after Std. X and take the test after plus two. The test is held twice a year in June and December
– One is eligible for the IPC exam after nine months of study, after passing CPT. The IPC exam has two groups of seven subjects
– On passing Group I, a student can register as an articled assistant for three years under a qualified C.A.
– The articled training is important for the C.A. course. They are paid a stipend during the training
– After clearing the IPC examination, register for the final C.A. course which consists of groups I and II with eight papers
SUBJECTS YOU WILL LEARN –
– Chartered Accountancy is essentially a finance-related course that empowers you to certify all accounts including the balance sheet of an organization. It also gives you a better grasp of financial statements along with an extensive knowledge of tax laws, management accounting, and corporate laws
– The course content for the CPT comprises Accounting, Mercantile Laws, General Economics and Quantitative Aptitude
WHAT IS ICAI? –
– The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is the only institute to provide training in the CA field in India
– The Institute imparts compulsory postal tuition for its various exams. Regional Councils and some of the Chapters of the Institute also conduct oral coaching classes for the benefit of the students
– To be recognised as a C.A., a person must pass all the exams laid down by ICAI and should be a registered member with ICAI
– 1st July is celebrated as CA Day. The reason we celebrate it is because the Institute of Chartered Accountants (ICAI) in India was founded on this day 1 st July in the year 1949
Dedication and hard work is a must to complete the course. Stay positive & keep trying till you succeed…
Excerpts from The Teenager Today Magazine