WE ARE THE READERS….!
Growing up, most of us have enjoyed stories read out to us by our elders. Reading is by far one of the best habits one can develop. Reading – whether books, newspapers is good habit that children must cultivate, it opens your mind to a world full of magic, fantasy and entertainment.
There are many advantages to have reading as one of your hobbies-
1. It expands your horizons, reading about various topics and subjects gives you something new to explore. You can learn almost anything by reading books and articles.
2. Grows Your Vocabulary – Reading helps you learn and come across new words. Note down and understand the new words that you come across. This helps increase your vocabulary.
3. It lets your imagination soar – While watching television, there is no space for imagination, as the scenes keep playing out for us. Reading is different! When you read you can imagine and feel involved.
4. You can Travel the world - Reading about places and ancient history helps you to know the culture, languages, tradition, cuisine etc.
Do not miss out on the wonder world of reading.
BESTSELLER BOOKS FOR A PEPPY TEEN –
1. Adventure - Adventure of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain and The Travelling Restaurant: Jasper's voyage in three parts by Barbara Else.
2. Fiction - The life of Pi by Yann Martel, Enid Blyton Books, Harry Potter Series.
3. Diaries – Diary of a wimpy kid by Jeff Kinney, Anne Frank – The Diary of a Young Girl.
4. Humor – Andy Griffiths brilliant Just series.
5. Better Yourself Books - Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul.