Tips for Effective Communication
- October 8, 2023
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Personality
Communication is a door to financial wealth, loving relationships, and all that is good in life.
Good communication is a very important pre-requisite for admission into a good college as well as a mandatory requirement to secure your dream job.
The ability to communicate effectively supports sound psychological development. One’s self concept is acquired through interaction with others.
Here are some easy tips to improve your communication skills –
1. Listen more to others. Do not react. Listening attentively helps you form a well framed response
2. Put together a persuasive message
3. Expand your vocabulary .Your vocabulary really does make a difference
4. Take care of your pronouns. Do you like to talk about yourself? You’re normal! Limit your use of “I”; cut down on “I” talk and use “We” talk instead
5. Practise using the words “Thank you”. Being polite is still in vogue!
6. Refine your voice and speaking style
7. Understand how different generations communicate. You will encounter different generations at work; learn how to communicate with them
8. Master the art of communicating using e-mail
9. Stop putting yourself down. Conquer the self-depreciation habit
Excerpts from The Teenager Today
Article by Dr Lucy Gabriel Chattopadhyay
To read more